The Museum of Design Atlanta's (MODA) Food by Design: Sustaining the Future exhibit features projects from Ivan Allen College faculty, graduates, and undergraduates. Daily hours for the museum can be found here: http://www.museumofdesign.org/plan-your-visit/
Feeding ourselves engages not only a massive infrastructure, but also advanced technologies and dynamic systems that touch on just about every aspect of the world we live in. Creating efficient, sustainable, and environmentally-friendly systems to produce enough healthy food for the world presents a wide variety of design challenges.
Curated by MODA, this exhibition will look at cutting-edge developments in food production, asking:
- How are farms being redesigned to grow food more efficiently and sustainably?
- How might we design systems that give everyone access to local, healthy food?
- How are grocery store and food delivery systems being redesigned to meet changing shopping habits?
- How are designers helping meet the challenge of feeding 9 billion people by 2050?
- Food by Design: Sustaining the Future will examine food and food system innovations happening in Atlanta and beyond.